Buttons

Friday 16 August 2013

The Wonders of Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi - a recipe recommendation

My favourite gnocchi are the ones featured in the Polpo cookbook, where you make an amazing cavolo nero sauce to accompanying (sounds weird, tastes delicious). To me, however, these seem more of a wintery food...perhaps because I got the cookbook for Christmas and first made them in that fallow period after boxing day, when I'd come back home. I also made them while singing along to 'The Sound of Music Story' documentary - but perhaps that's not something to be proud of!

BUT there is a great, more summery, and speedier to make, version of gnocchi. It's probably healthier too. I like to think that anything involving spinach is immediately healthy and perhaps that's not always the case, but these are definitely lighter than the usual potato filled gnocchi and it's really satisfying to watch them float to the top of the pan once they're cooked.

Here's a basic overview of the steps:

Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
(click the picture to enlarge!)

They make a delicious summer lunch, or a light summer supper...or you could have them as a starter.

The recipe itself is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting - I'd love to hear your thoughts!